March 22, 2017, 09:14:42 PM

Author Topic: Flug Revue 12/13  (Read 1991 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Freightdog

  • Administrator
  • 500 Posts Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 879
    • freightdog photography
Flug Revue 12/13
« on: December 04, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
Got one of my tanker shots published in the December issue of Flug Revue, a German aviation magazine.  A 1/4 page in an article on firefighting aircraft.  Time to put the online translator to work...

saupatel

  • 1000 Post Club
  • ******
  • Posts: 1203
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:57:46 AM »
congrats Jared. I am still waiting on someone to even take an interest in one of my shots  ;D
Capturing the world thru the lens of a Canon ...

My gear :
- Canon 5D MarkIII
- Canon 40D
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L USM IS
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- Canon EF 28-135 IS-USM

Tim LaBranche

  • Contributing Editor
  • 1000 Post Club
  • ****
  • Posts: 1265
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:18:07 AM »
congrats Jared. I am still waiting on someone to even take an interest in one of my shots  ;D

Awesome, Jared! I am in the same boat as Patel with getting someone to take interest in my shots. Even though Patel has more Screener's Choice photos than anyone in our group.  :D
Click below to See My Photos On:



Steve1840

  • Administrator
  • 500 Posts Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 944
    • Furst Edition Photography
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
Congrats Jared!  Gotta say i am in the same group at Tim and Patel. Glad you've been getting the exposure bro. It's not easy but youre doin it.

Jason Knapfel

  • 250 Post Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 269
    • JRKnapfel Flickr
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 09:53:53 AM »
Congrats Jared. Looks great. I wish I knew German.

Scot Wattawa

  • Global Moderator
  • 500 Posts Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 874
  • Scot
    • Flickr
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
Congrats on being a published photographer.

Freightdog

  • Administrator
  • 500 Posts Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 879
    • freightdog photography
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »
Thanks a lot guys!  I really don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it.  I'm still jealous of your guys' shots so I doubt it has to do so much with quality.  I think, in terms of magazines, these guys are looking for pretty specific images, and if they don't have one they like with stock images, they begin searching.  If they happen to come across one of our images, AND happen to like it, AND it fits their specifications, then they will pursue it.  So basically, I really think it comes down to a lot of luck.

These guys contacted me through anet, and by personal experience I would say that 80% of the time I am contacted through anet or jpnet.  The other 20% is through flickr (I've sold a weather photo to a Japanese magazine on there), facebook, or my website.  Most of those are people looking for freebies and I send them on their way, but every once in a while it is a serious inquiry.  This is why, I know I've talked with Steve about this before, I continue to upload to those sites despite some gripes about the upload/screening process here and there.

saupatel

  • 1000 Post Club
  • ******
  • Posts: 1203
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »
Awesome, Jared! I am in the same boat as Patel with getting someone to take interest in my shots. Even though Patel has more Screener's Choice photos than anyone in our group.  :D

Unfortunately they dont give any money for that otherwise I would be a happy man right now :D
Capturing the world thru the lens of a Canon ...

My gear :
- Canon 5D MarkIII
- Canon 40D
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
- Canon EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L USM IS
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- Canon EF 28-135 IS-USM

KoryC757

  • Global Moderator
  • 500 Posts Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 624
    • Jetphotos
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »
Congrats Jared!  I've had only one of my shots published thus far, and I was contacted through airliners.net as well.  Most inquires don't go to far though, as most people never want to pay for the images...

RafeSpotter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: Flug Revue 12/13
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:48 AM »
I can see why they chose your pics as they look great.